* Anyone recompiled CAML-LITE for DOS?
@ 1994-10-06 17:24 Dwight Tuinstra
From: Dwight Tuinstra @ 1994-10-06 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: tuinstra

  I understand that a bug in gcc introduces a bug into
the compiled code for CAML-LITE for DOS: stack space
is not properly reclaimed.  Furthermore, the DOS
version of CAMLLEX does not properly recognize the
end of strings.

  Xavier Leroy kindly alerted me to these bugs and suggested
that both can be fixed by recompiling with a specific
flag (for the stack problem) and a trivial source code
change (for the lex problem).

  Has anyone done this, and if so is the recompiled code
available via ftp?  I am unfamiliar with gcc (and do not
have it installed on my PC), and also seem to have misplaced
the email with the specific solutions.

  Thanks in advance!

  --dwight tuinstra
  tuinstra@sun.mcs.clarkson.edu

* Re: Anyone recompiled CAML-LITE for DOS?
@ 1994-10-07 20:39 ` Peter Sestoft
From: Peter Sestoft @ 1994-10-07 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dwight Tuinstra; +Cc: caml-list, tuinstra

>   I understand that a bug in gcc introduces a bug into
> the compiled code for CAML-LITE for DOS: stack space
> is not properly reclaimed.  Furthermore, the DOS
> version of CAMLLEX does not properly recognize the
> end of strings.

The problems were discovered and fixed in connection with the
development of Moscow SML, which is implemented in Caml Light and uses
its runtime system.  Hence it will suffice to obtain the version of
camlrun distributed with Moscow SML.  It is safest to use that of the
old version (1.03), which is available for ftp from

	dina.kvl.dk:/pub/Peter.Sestoft/mosml/old/1.03/mos1bin.zip

--
Peter Sestoft                                 sestoft@research.att.com
Currently: AT&T Bell Labs, Mountain Avenue, Murray Hill, NJ 07974, USA