Hello Markus, On 2018-06-15 11:21, Markus Mottl writes: > I don't think that you can currently do this. According to the manual > entry for GADTs: "This return type must use the same type constructor as > the type being defined, and have the same number of parameters." > > But I guess it would be a supportable feature to perform type substitutions > until the above is satisfied if at all possible. Substituting manually is > probably the only thing you can do until then. Thank you for your reply. I'll use the explicit form for the moment with some comments on the side. Best, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2018-05: 411.25, 2017-05: 409.65