* [Caml-list] linear programming library in OCaml
@ 2003-10-02 17:37 jrouquie
From: jrouquie @ 2003-10-02 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I've been looking for (an interface to) a linear programming librairy in OCaml,
and I didn't find. Does it exists ?
If not, I would be interested in helping a project to write an interface for
one of the numerous linear programming tools, but I'm a newbie in LP (so I
don't know anything about LCP for instance, as I saw in a thread on this list).
Thanks,
Jean-Baptiste Rouquier

* RE: [Caml-list] linear programming library in OCaml
@ 2003-10-02 19:10 ` James Scott
From: James Scott @ 2003-10-02 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jrouquie, caml-list

We were working on bindings from OCaml to COIN a few months ago, this
gives you access to a fairly serious (and 'free') simplex optimizer as
well as drivers for commercial codes. We were considering GPLing it but
have dropped that ball for the moment. But let us know if you're
interested.

Also we had something that resembles an algebraic modelling language
that makes it very easy to put an LP together, it all needs some work
for general use though...

Alternatively you might consider interfacing the GNU Linear Programming
Toolkit.

James Scott

@ 2003-10-02 20:19   ` Christoph Bauer
From: Christoph Bauer @ 2003-10-02 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List; +Cc: wahl

"James Scott" <j.scott@runbox.com> writes:

> We were working on bindings from OCaml to COIN a few months ago, this
> gives you access to a fairly serious (and 'free') simplex optimizer as
> well as drivers for commercial codes. We were considering GPLing it but
> have dropped that ball for the moment. But let us know if you're
> interested.
>
> Also we had something that resembles an algebraic modelling language
> that makes it very easy to put an LP together, it all needs some work
> for general use though...
>
> Alternatively you might consider interfacing the GNU Linear Programming
> Toolkit.

IBGS uses a glpk-wrapper. Work was done by Tobias Wahl.  Look in the cvs

http://sf.net/projects/chesslib

under

  ibgs/lib/glpk

Christoph

--
proc self {} {foreach c [split [info body self] ""] d {14 -7 0 0 4 -67 4 73 11
69 24 -83 -15 6 -4 -84 78 20 11 -78 -1 -1 79 19 -8 4} { binary scan $c c c