From: Erkki Seppala <flux-caml@inside.org>
To: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] - Convert Caml to C/C++, C#, PHP, etc -
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:50:26 +0300	[thread overview]

axllaruse <axllaruse@yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm searching for some tool that would help me to convert open source caml
> (.ml) files to C/C++, C#, VBScript, ASP, and/or PHP.
>
> The main reason for searching a tool that could help me to convert these .ml
> files is the following:

Actually I didn't find a real reason from the list: what are you going
to do with the resulting program after conversion? Any results of
conversion would likely be very difficult to work with.

If you just want to run the programs, you should be able to do that
without conversions, other than compiling the code. If you want to use
it as a library, well, that might be more difficult. I believe there
is a project to enable that for the .NET environment though.

There is one compiler that is similar to what you're looking for:

  http://skydeck.com/blog/programming/ocamljs-ocaml-to-javascript-compiler/

I do wonder if you can make any use of that, though. Developing it
further would mean learning O'Caml ;).

     / __// /__ ____  __               http://www.modeemi.fi/~flux/\   \