* Re: [Caml-list] Re: [Caml-announce] New book using Caml
@ 2001-05-08 16:33 michel.quercia
From: michel.quercia @ 2001-05-08 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hywang; +Cc: caml-list

>This sounds interesting! Could somebody please tell us, exactly which
>sixteen problems are covered in this book?

You can visit the following URLs :

http://bruno.maitresdumonde.com/thebook/lrdtqp.htm
(French written), or :
http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/Utilisateurs/scopos/petaz_angl.html
(English)

Best regards,

* Re: [Caml-list] Re: [Caml-announce] New book using Caml
@ 2001-05-07 22:21   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2001-05-07 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Egan; +Cc: caml-list

Fixed.

Alan Schmitt

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.

* [Caml-list] Re: [Caml-announce] New book using Caml
@ 2001-05-07 20:15 Hao-yang Wang
From: Hao-yang Wang @ 2001-05-07 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

>A new book using Caml as programming language is available (in french
>only):
>
>  Sixteen computer science problems, with detailed solutions and Caml
>  programs, by Bruno Petazzoni, Éditions Springer, Paris, 2001, ISBN
>  3-540-67387-3.
>
>A set of sixteen problems in computer science, with detailed
>answers to all questions and complete solutions to algorithmic
>problems given as Caml programs.
>
>A good book for computer science curricula (upto the master degree),
>either for students (training) or teachers (to train their students!).
>
>See http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/books-eng.html for details.

Quoted from the web page:
>Written for students attending to the computer science optional cursus of
>the MPSI/MP classes (classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles
>d'ingénieurs), this book mainly covers problems on automata, words (finite
>or infinite), formal languages theory, and some classical algorithms such
>as bin packing.

This sounds interesting! Could somebody please tell us, exactly which
sixteen problems are covered in this book?

Thanks,
Hao-yang Wang

* [Caml-list] Re: [Caml-announce] New book using Caml
@ 2001-05-07 16:29 ` Miles Egan
From: Miles Egan @ 2001-05-07 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 05:32:12PM +0200, Pierre Weis wrote:
> A new book using Caml as programming language is available (in french
> only):

I've been off the list for a bit, so I may have missed it, but I'm curious to
hear the status of the plan to translate the O'Reilly ocaml book into English.
Is anyone still working on this?