* ocamlopt on Mac/Intel
@ 2006-03-02 15:27 Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2006-03-02 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

A first port of OCaml to the new Intel Macs, including the native-code
compiler, is now available in the 3.09 bugfix branch of the CVS
repository.  Thanks to David Powers for lending an account.
Impatient users can obtain the sources using

   cvs -d ':pserver:anoncvs@camlcvs.inria.fr:/caml' co -r release309 ocaml

Technically, this should not go into the bug fix branch, but Mac fans
will never wait until 3.10 is out...

The port required undoing a dubious change in ocamlopt (all platforms)
that I did 3 years ago to support the -ffast-math option.  The change
and its reversal affect the compilation of trigonometric and
exponential functions, and are so minor that the reversal should not
break anything, but one never knows.  If you're tracking the 3.09
bugfix branch and observe weird behaviours in numerical applications,
please file a bug report asap.

Enjoy,

- Xavier Leroy

* Re: ocamlopt on Mac/Intel
@ 2006-03-02 20:11 ` Jeffrey A. Scofield
From: Jeffrey A. Scofield @ 2006-03-02 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:27:25 +0100, Xavier Leroy wrote:

> A first port of OCaml to the new Intel Macs, including the native-code
> compiler, is now available in the 3.09 bugfix branch of the CVS
> repository.

Thanks very much for this!  I'm getting a MacBook Pro in the next few
weeks, and I would have been quite lost without an OCaml compiler.

(I also write OCaml code at work, where we will be grateful for the new
Mac support.)

Regards,

Jeff Scofield