* ANN: froc 0.2
@ 2010-05-07 18:16 Jake Donham
From: Jake Donham @ 2010-05-07 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

Hi list,

I am happy to announce the release of version 0.2 of the froc library
for functional reactive programming in OCaml. There are a
number of improvements:

 * better event model: there is now a notion of simultaneous events,
and behaviors and events can now be freely mixed
 * self-adjusting computation (see
http://ttic.uchicago.edu/~umut/projects/self-adjusting-computation/)
is now supported via memo functions; needless recomputation can be
avoided in some cases
 * faster priority queue and timeline data structures
 * behavior and event types split into co- and contra-variant views
for subtyping
 * bug fixes and cleanup

Development of froc has moved from Google Code to Github; see

 * project page: http://github.com/jaked/froc
 * documentation: http://jaked.github.com/froc
 * downloads: http://github.com/jaked/froc/downloads

Thanks to Ruy Ley-Wild for helpful discussion, and to Daniel Bünzli
for helpful discussion and many good ideas in React.

You may be interested in this blog post describing the implementation:

  http://ambassadortothecomputers.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-froc-works.html

I hope you find this work useful. Let me know what you think.

Jake

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-05-07 18:16 UTC | newest]