* [Caml-list] ExtLib BitSet broken?
@ 2004-10-18  0:11 Julian Brown
From: Julian Brown @ 2004-10-18  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I have just found that the BitSet module in ExtLib doesn't seem to be
working for me any more. I'm using Ocaml 3.08.1 on Debian/x86 with
ExtLib version 1.2.

It's easy to reproduce this on my box at least:

jules@boris:~$ ledit ocaml extlib/extLib.cma -I +extlib
        Objective Caml version 3.08.1

# let x = BitSet.empty ();;
val x : BitSet.t = <abstr>
# BitSet.set x 15;;
- : unit = ()
# BitSet.is_set x 15;;
- : bool = false
# BitSet.is_set x 14;;
- : bool = false
# BitSet.is_set x 16;;
- : bool = false

I'm sure it didn't do this before... does anyone have any clues what's
going on here?

Cheers,

Julian

* Re: [Caml-list] ExtLib BitSet broken?
@ 2004-10-19 12:55 ` Nicolas Cannasse
From: Nicolas Cannasse @ 2004-10-19 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brown, caml-list

> Hi,
>
> I have just found that the BitSet module in ExtLib doesn't seem to be
> working for me any more. I'm using Ocaml 3.08.1 on Debian/x86 with
> ExtLib version 1.2.

Hello Julian,

A patch was accepted on 27/07 and was buggy since it was not updating
correctly the 'len' field, thus creating problems when the bitset size was
growing. This is now fixed on CVS, thanks for the report.

Nicolas Cannasse