* XML data binder for Ocaml
       [not found] <20090213110003.72B56BBB8@yquem.inria.fr>
@ 2009-02-13 23:26 ` O'Leary, John W
From: O'Leary, John W @ 2009-02-13 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

I'm looking for a tool that will take an XML data schema (.xsd) and generate data bindings in Ocaml. In other words, I am seeking an Ocaml equivalent to XSD (for C and C++) and JAXB (for Java).

Googling didn't immediately turn up anything meeting the above description. I'd very much appreciate any pointers.

Cheers,
--John

* Re: XML data binder for Ocaml
@ 2009-02-14 10:40   ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2009-02-14 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 13-02-2009, O'Leary, John W <john.w.oleary@intel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a tool that will take an XML data schema (.xsd) and
> generate data bindings in Ocaml. In other words, I am seeking an Ocaml
> equivalent to XSD (for C and C++) and JAXB (for Java).
>
> Googling didn't immediately turn up anything meeting the above
> description. I'd very much appreciate any pointers.

I think you can try taking a look at two project:
http://www.galaxquery.org/
http://www.cduce.org/ocaml

I think they implement something close to what you want (I mean "close",
not "what you want" unfortunately). At least there is some code in it,
that deal with xsd.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall

* Re: [Caml-list] XML data binder for Ocaml
@ 2009-02-15 21:56   ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2009-02-15 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: O'Leary, John W; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 03:26:13PM -0800, O'Leary, John W wrote:
> I'm looking for a tool that will take an XML data schema (.xsd) and
> generate data bindings in Ocaml. In other words, I am seeking an Ocaml
> equivalent to XSD (for C and C++) and JAXB (for Java).
>
> Googling didn't immediately turn up anything meeting the above
> description. I'd very much appreciate any pointers.

XSD as in the crazy-complicated quasi-standard used in SOAP, WSDL etc?

I'm not sure you'll find any implementations in OCaml - it's hard
enough to implement when you have a large team of people available to
you.

I did a very very partial implementation using CDuce as part of my
SOAP client code for the Google AdWords API.  It's not directly
usable, but maybe you can have a look at it for inspiration anyway:

  http://merjis.com/developers/oc-soap

Rich.

--
Richard Jones