From: Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain@le-gall.net>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: Looking for information regarding use of OCaml in scientific computing and simulation
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:59:21 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Hello,

On 25-11-2009, David MENTRE <dmentre@linux-france.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm considering doing a short presentation of OCaml to my colleagues
> in my research lab. They are working in the telecommunication and
> power electronic sectors, mainly doing signal processing and
> simulations. I know OCaml[1] but not specifically those domains.
>
> Therefore, I'm looking for reusable material for a presentation:
>  - Slides on the use of OCaml in the signal processing and simulation domains;

Maybe you can have a look at
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/docman/view.php/77/34/VSYML-ocaml-meeting-2009.pdf

This is the slide of last year OCaml Meeting talk about VHDL simulation,
using OCaml. Maybe Florent Ouchet, the author, can give you more hint.

(I think VSYML is doing thing at symbolic level, so maybe it is the kind
of simulation you are looking for).

>  - Code snippets of OCaml used in scientific computing or simulation,
> typically for advocacy like "it takes 10 lines in OCaml to do this,
> you would use 50 lines in C++ to do the same thing";

Maybe "OCaml for Scientist" from Jon Harrop can be a good start. There
some examples at the end that can help you (with code).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall