From: Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain@le-gall.net>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: Please provide at least one page for your ocaml projects
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:46:08 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Hello,

On 25-08-2010, Maxence Guesdon <Maxence.Guesdon@inria.fr> wrote:

> For this reason, I have a look at every project announced on the caml-list
> and it seems to me that there are more and more projects providing only
> links to tarballs or git repositories.
>
> I think these projects would take advantage of having at least one web page
> giving all basic information: description, status, license, author(d),
> download links.

I am working on OASIS and OASIS-DB. The latter aims to translate _oasis
file into simple web pages (including markdown translation).

Have a look at:
http://oasis.ocamlcore.org/dev/browse?ver=0.2.0~alpha1&pkg=oasis

This web page has been translated from:
http://darcs.ocamlcore.org/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=oasis;a=headblob;f=/_oasis

(this package is pretty complex, so there is a lot a library/exec/tests
but what is translated is basically Synopsis + Description).

If you add an _oasis file to your project and upload it to
oasis.ocamlcore.org it will generate this kind of pages.

Maxence, does it fit your requirement?

(the project is still at an early stage, but the upload is working)

> Indeed, having to look for this information in a tarball of a git repos
> (with gitweb) is not very convenient. Even the project page on a forge is
> not the best way to get the information quickly. It's more a view for a
> developer/contributor, not for a potential user.

Every project on forge.ocamlcore.org can upload a simple webpage and it
will be displayed on http://PROJECT.forge.ocamlcore.org. Just add html
files to /home/groups/PROJECT/htdocs on ssh.ocamlcore.org, same ssh key
as git/darcs/svn login. You can use rsync, scp or unison.

Feel free to contact me if you need further utilities for your project.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall