* CUFP 2010 is coming! (Oct 1&2 in Baltimore MD)
@ 2010-09-05 12:25 Yaron Minsky
From: Yaron Minsky @ 2010-09-05 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Just reminding everyone that the Commercial Users of Functional
Programming(CUFP) 2010 workshop is just a month away.  If you haven't
registered yet, you can register at ICFP's site, here:

    https://regmaster3.com/2010conf/ICFP10/register.php

We have a really interesting program, including talks that should be of
interest to this list.  Here are the details:

The 2010 Commercial Users of Functional Programming workshop will be
held in conjunction with ICFP in Baltimore MD, USA on October 1st and
2nd.

Come and learn about how functional programming is used in industry
today. Learn how Scala is powering geo-spatial search at Twitter, how
Intel is developing a functional language which will scale on
multicore machines, how Credit Suisse is using F# for rapid
development of GUI tools, and more.  And this year, coinciding with
the public release of F#, we'll have a keynote from Luke Hoban, the
program director for F# at Microsoft.

You can also attend the half-day-long tutorials taught by experts and
leaders in the functional programming community. The topics include:

* building robust servers in Erlang
* optimizing the performance of Haskell programs
* building web apps in Scala and Lift
* metaprogramming with camlp4 and template haskell
* introductions to newer languages like Clojure and F#

The full schedule of talks and tutorials is available here:

   http://cufp.org/conference/schedule/2010

and you can register for the conference (and the rest of ICFP and the
associated workshops) here:

   https://regmaster3.com/2010conf/ICFP10/register.php

See you in Baltimore October 1st and 2nd!

* RE: [Caml-list] CUFP 2010 is coming! (Oct 1&2 in Baltimore MD)
@ 2010-09-05 16:12 ` Jon Harrop
From: Jon Harrop @ 2010-09-05 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yminsky, caml-list

> Intel is developing a functional language which will scale
> on multicore machines

This sounds very interesting. Any references or a name?

Cheers,
Jon.

* Re: CUFP 2010 is coming! (Oct 1&2 in Baltimore MD)
@ 2010-09-05 17:16   ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2010-09-05 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 05-09-2010, Jon Harrop <jonathandeanharrop@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Intel is developing a functional language which will scale
>> on multicore machines
>
> This sounds very interesting. Any references or a name?

Following links provided in the initial mail:
http://cufp.org/conference/sessions/2010/functional-language-compiler-experiences-intel

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall