* Use of BDDs in OCaml
@ 2000-01-17 12:58 David Mentré
From: David Mentré @ 2000-01-17 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all dear Camlists,

I would like to use BDD in a program of mine. So I'm looking for a BDD
library that could be used in OCaml.

Looking at mailing-list archive, I've found one implemented in 8,5 at
LRI :

  ftp://ftp.lri.fr/LRI/soft/archi/Softwares/8,5/robdd.tar.gz

I could also use a C BDD library (CMU's one for example) in access it
from my OCaml program.

Am I the first to do such a think? Is there another OCaml BDD library
that I would have missed?

Best regards,
david
--
 David.Mentre@irisa.fr -- PhD student -- PARIS research team
      Personal: http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/

* RE: Use of BDDs in OCaml
@ 2000-01-19 12:16 Don Syme
From: Don Syme @ 2000-01-19 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'David.Mentre@irisa.fr', caml-list

I did one a while ago, but never polished it up.  It was based on the CuDD
package.  It may be useful as a starting point.

Perhaps BDDs should come as part of the standard distribution, as they do
with Mercury.  OCaml could then easily become a standard platform for
implementing hardware verification tools.  Does any one else have experience
as to which would be the best C package to lift to the OCaml level, or if
the performance gained by using C is worth it or not?

Cheers,
Don