* Re: [Caml-list] positional specifiers in format strings
       [not found] <20070524131457.916E9BC77@yquem.inria.fr>
@ 2007-05-24 13:28 ` David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2007-05-24 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

>	    Objective Caml version 3.10.0
>
>    # Printf.printf "%5$f";;
>    Bad conversion %$, at char number 0 in format string ``%5$f''
>    # Printf.printf "%.*3$f";;
>    Bad conversion %3, at char number 0 in format string ``%.*3$f''

Positional specifiers aren't new and, sadly, neither's the bug -
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4204

I just love having to pass the same parameter 5 times to printf just because
it's used in 5 different places in the format string!!

David

* Re: [Caml-list] positional specifiers in format strings
@ 2007-05-25  7:36   ` Hendrik Tews
From: Hendrik Tews @ 2007-05-25  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

"David Allsopp" <dra-news@metastack.com> writes:

   >	    Objective Caml version 3.10.0
   >
   >    # Printf.printf "%5$f";;
   >    Bad conversion %$, at char number 0 in format string ``%5$f''
   >    # Printf.printf "%.*3$f";;
   >    Bad conversion %3, at char number 0 in format string ``%.*3$f''

   Positional specifiers aren't new and, sadly, neither's the bug -
   http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4204

That's another point where the txt and html documentations
diverge: positional specifiers are only in the 3.09 html
documentation, but not in the txt version. That's why they got
classified as new.

Hendrik