From: Michel Schinz <Michel.Schinz@epfl.ch>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] toplevel is hanging
Date: 25 Apr 2001 09:03:14 +0200	[thread overview]

wester@ilt.fhg.de writes:

[...]

> > I can't remember seeing this particular bug-report, but I'll look
> > into it. Of course, there's a third solution (the one used in
> > sml-mode) which is for tuareg to use a temporary file.
> >
> Hi Stefan,
>
> could you be so kind and tell me how this can be done. Do I have
> do change the Tuareg *.el files or some entries in my .emacs file?

The easiest thing is to look at Stefan's sml mode and port the code to
Tuareg. If you just want Tuareg to use temporary files, it's pretty
easy. Sml-mode adds some bells and whistles to that (mostly concerning
error handling), which are a bit less trivial to port.

I did that for an enhanced version of the "standard" Caml mode (Leroy,
Zimmerman and Garrigue's one) which is lying, half finished, somewhere
on my harddisk. I'll try to put it in a releasable state soon, if I
can find some time.

Michel.