categories - Category Theory list
From: "Ernie Manes" <manes@mtdata.com>
Subject: Re: Chalkfinger
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:48:12 -0500	[thread overview]

I remember the skit well, because it named my thesis advisor-to-be after
his somewhat oriental looks as Lin Ton.  That puts the skit as the year
Fred spent many months at Chicago which was the year before the Bowdoin
conference on homological algebra which was held in the summer of 1965 as
an NSF summer Advanced Seminar.  It was at the seminar that I first met
Fred and I did not meet him the previous year precisely because he was at
Chicago.

    Ernie Manes