categories - Category Theory list
* Natural disasters
@ 2001-12-31 14:21 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2001-12-31 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

It seems like there are natural disasters, first in Sydney and, to a
lesser extent, in Buffalo (82 inches of snow by one report) and I would
like to enquire how all are.

Michael

* Re: Natural disasters
@ 2001-12-31 16:08 ` Duraid Madina
From: Duraid Madina @ 2001-12-31 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

The fires here in Sydney are still blazing away, but that didn't stop
the new year's fireworks display from going ahead just a few hours ago.
As far as I am aware, no (human) lives have been lost, but there's been
a great deal of property damage, and an immense amount of national
parkland has been burned away.

In truth, most Sydneysiders are unaffected except for the appalling air
quality and the fact that a fine layer of ash has been deposited over
the entire city, which people will no doubt discover on their desks as
they return to work!

You can take a look at some eerie pictures of the Sydney skyline here:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/0112/26/gallery/snapshot1.html

	Duraid