categories - Category Theory list
* Faked sender's address
@ 2003-07-08 12:00 tholen
From: tholen @ 2003-07-08 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

[Note from moderator: Walter is not alone in having this experience, note
also that other subject lines are used, caveat lector.]

Dear categorist:
It seems that a number of categorists recently received a message showing as
sender tholen@mathstat.yorku.ca, as subject "Re: application", with an
attachment that, of course, one should not open. Let me clarify that I never
sent such a message. I have been told that in all likelihood my address was
used to disguise the virus-affected machine that sent the message and that was
the real target of the attack.
Regards,
Walter.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-08 12:00 UTC | newest]