categories - Category Theory list
* typeful  logic programming languages and categorical semantics/logic
@ 2004-02-10  4:52 Galchin Vasili
From: Galchin Vasili @ 2004-02-10  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cat group

Hello,

  can somebody point to the application/research of
categorical semantics/logic to typeful logic
programming languages?

Thank you, Bill Halchin

* Re: typeful  logic programming languages and categorical semantics/logic
@ 2004-02-10 19:35 ` Jim Lipton
From: Jim Lipton @ 2004-02-10 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cat group

Papers I know of in Categorical Semantics of Logic Programming (and
related topics such as unification):

-- Rydeheard, Burstall: A Categorical Unification Algorithm,
1986, LNCS 240, 1986.
  (This work also appeard in Rydeheard and Burstall's book:
"Computational Category Theory", Prentice-Hall, 1988)

-- Goguen: "What is Unification? A categorical View of Substitution,
Equations and Solution" CSLI-88 (Report) , 1988

-- Martini, Asperti: Projections instead of Variables, a
Category-Theoretic Interpretation of Logic Programs, Proc 6th ICLP,
MIT Press, 1989

-- Corradini, Asperti: A categorical Model for Logic Programs: Indexed
Monoidal Categories, 1992

-- Corradini, Montanari: An algebraic Semantics for Structured
Transition Systems and its applications to logic programs, TCS 1992

-- Finkelstein, Freyd, Lipton: Logic Programming in Tau Categories,
CSL 94, 1995 (LNCS 933)

-- Power, Kinoshita: A New Foundation for Logic Programming, ELP 96,
1996 (LNCS #?) Springer.

-- McGrail: "Monads and Control in Logic Programming",
Ph. D. Dissertation, Wesleyan University, 1997.

-- Lipton, McGrail: Encapsulating data in  Logic Programming via
Categorical Constraints, in Principles of Declarative Programming,
LNCS 1490, 1998.

-- Amato: Sequent Calculus and Indexed Categories as Foundations for
Logic Programming, P. D. Thesis, Univ. of Pisa, 2000

--Amato, Lipton: Indexed Categories and bottom-up semantics of Logic
Programming, Proceedings LPAR 01, Lecture Notes in Artifical
Intelligence 2250

-- Finkelstein, Freyd Lipton: A New Framework for Declarative
Programming, TCS 300, 2003.

The bibliography in the last paper cited contains more detailed