categories - Category Theory list
From: selinger@mathstat.dal.ca (Peter Selinger)
To: categories@mta.ca (Categories List)
Subject: Re: symmetric monoidal traces
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:39:08 -0300 (ADT)	[thread overview]

As Phil Scott immediately pointed out to me, the proof of this
folklore result appears in a 2000 slide by Masahito Hasegawa entitled
"A short proof of the uniqueness of trace on tortile categories", see

 http://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~hassei/papers/canonicaltrace.gif

and also on p.23 in a paper by the same author that is to appear in
MSCS, entitled "On traced monoidal closed categories":

 http://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~hassei/papers/tmcc-revised16may08.pdf

-- Peter