That’s very good news! Congrats Robin! Gordon On 26 Jan 2024, at 14:24, Dorette Pronk wrote:  This email was sent to you by someone outside the University. You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email is genuine and the content is safe. Congratulations, Robin! Well-deserved! Dorette On Jan 26, 2024, at 5:52 PM, Sergei Soloviev wrote:  CAUTION: The Sender of this email is not from within Dalhousie. Congratulations, Robin! Sergei Le Vendredi, Janvier 26, 2024 22:31 CET, Steve Awodey a écrit: > well deserved - congratulations to Robin! > > Best wishes, > > Steve > > > On Jan 26, 2024, at 1:11 PM, Tarmo Uustalu wrote: > > > > Hello Categories, > > > > I thought it should be appropriate to share the news here. > > > > The Senate of the Tallinn U of Technology has on 23 Jan 2024 decided to > > bestow on the U of Calgary professor J. Robin B. Cockett the title of > > Doctor Honoris Causa of the university. This is for his contributions > > to advancing the study of mathematical foundations of algorithmics and > > programming in Tallinn. > > > > I am very happy for this distinction to Robin, who we have been > > privileged to have as a teacher and friend for a long time (25 years!). > > Robin's shining passion for his subject and his > > uncompromising thoroughness have been particularly inspiring. > > > > I am also very pleased to have our field spotlighted at this university > > on this occasion; it is no small thing for us. > > > > Tarmo U > > > > > > > > ---------- > > > > You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. > > > > Leave group: > > https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/AFztCoV1Y2SzMkDlt1ieE0?domain=outlook.office365.com You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message. View group files | Leave group | Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.