categories - Category Theory list
* gr-stacks (revised)
@ 2006-05-06  4:09 David Roberts
From: David Roberts @ 2006-05-06  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Categorists,

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 01:27:20PM +0930, David Roberts wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> after a bit of searching, I cannot find much in the literature about gr-
> stacks, more specifically, charts and presentations thereof reflecting (in a
> non-technical sense) the group-like structure. Also, aside from self
> equivalences of gerbes and quotients of groups **(G/H for non-normal H)**, I
> cannot dream up other "interesting" examples - and these are the opposite
ends
> of the spectrum I want to consider.

A bit of confusion occured when I tried to post a corrected version of the
above (all due to myself), so here goes.

I retract the statement in ** ** above - what I meant was G/H with a badly
behaved topological/differentiable quotient (H normal in G) and I was after
examples not connected with gerbes/crossed modules but something more
`interesting' than group quotients.

Thanks,

--
David Roberts
Pure Mathematics

You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.
-Max Rosenlicht(1949)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-05-06  4:09 UTC | newest]