categories - Category Theory list
From: Ronnie Brown <ronnie.profbrown@btinternet.com>
To: Michael Fourman <Michael.Fourman@ed.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Publication of writings by Alexander Grothendieck
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:30:37 +0000	[thread overview]

What he actually wrote in Esquisses d'un programme was in part

C'est stimulé par une correspondance à bâtons rompus avec Ronnie
Brown, que j'ai finalement repris une réflexion, .......

I am not sure what his intended meaning was, except as in one
dictionary, as I remember referring to a conversation `ranging over this
and that with sudden
changes of direction',  but the correspondence was also warm, friendly
and fun! And in the early 1980s  he was keen to share his views,
circulated notes, and corresponded with many.

I hope that the gifts he made in that period will be widely shared.

Ronnie