categories - Category Theory list
* Mentamatics: Books and Stories, a movie book by Ellis D. Cooper
@ 2003-02-04 19:48 Ellis D. Cooper, Ph.D.
From: Ellis D. Cooper, Ph.D. @ 2003-02-04 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear category theorists -
In one sense my movie book pays homage to the patient categoristes who
tolerated my limitations as a student of mathematics. I sure would like to
know if I am on to something with my category of abstract computers and
translators as a context for explaining virtual machinery. Below is the
formal announcement.
Ellis D. Cooper
----------------------------
I will not send more e-mails to you unless specifically authorized to do so
via the e-mail link on the web site announced below. Just place the word
YES in the Subject line of your e-mail.

 From the outside, The FORM of Mentamatics: Books and Stories at
http://www.mentamatics.com is like a book of short movies.

 From the inside, The CONTENT centers on my interests in mathematics,
engineering, and philosophy. It is an autobiographical video tutorial and
report on research.

The audience for this FORM is the set of all Educators.

Philosophers, Mathematicians, Computer Scientists, and Engineers may value
the CONTENT. There is a set of stories and tutorials about Stephen
Wolfram's "new kind of science," allocating it a niche in a new structure
called Virtuality. Timing machines populate this vast space. These
encompass both the discrete and continuous realms of machinery, that is,
hybrid systems. Towers of virtual machines grounded in physical systems
implement higher level machines.

 From the inside, the purpose is to entertain, to report on my scientific
research, and to raise money for continuing it. However, from the outside,
the main purpose of the web site is to demonstrate one way Educators may do
more for students.* So, please contact me at XTALV1@NETROPOLIS.NET on how I
can help teachers and educational institutions use this FORM to deliver
personalized tutorial CONTENT over the Web or on CD or DVD.

*Technology demonstrated includes the following. Quicktime: panorama with
hotspots, video with timed events, audio-only, screen-capture video, image
slideshow; mathematical animation, animated GIF; digital conversion of
analog video; HTML popup windows and frames.
,

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-04 19:48 UTC | newest]