categories - Category Theory list
From: F William Lawvere <wlawvere@buffalo.edu>
To: <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Aurelio
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:05:59 -0500	[thread overview]

Dear Colleagues,

We are so very sad that Aurelio is so unexpectedly
gone. We will sorely miss his unique contributions to
our community.

It seems only yesterday (but actually it is 40 years)
since he, in Perugia, started to teach me his unique
Italian with the same enthusiasm that he applied to
learning category theory. I never ceased to admire
his quick grasp of mathematics, and his clear perception
of situations and characters.

My life (like the lives of many of us) was enriched
by his commentaries both wry and profound, yet
full of humor and kindness and warmth.

As all the friends, I am deeply distressed at saying
goodbye to Aurelio.

Bill