categories - Category Theory list
From: Valeria.dePaiva@parc.com
To: categories@mta.ca
Subject: RE: graphics
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:48:28 PST	[thread overview]

Hi all,

Robert suggested TeXCad for people who use Windows. I haven't used this
system, so cannot comment, but here are my 2 cents worth, just in case...

I believe that some day we will be able to draw in the computer as easily
as we do in a piece of paper. But meanwhile, you can draw your diagrams in
pieces of paper and use ScanScribe (overview at)
http://www.parc.com/spl/groups/pda/scanscribe/index.html
to make them digital.
They won't look as neat as our latex ones, directly. So I, for one, won't
be giving up on my latex diagrams quite yet. But you can read about
possible uses of ScanScribe for *manipulating* category theory diagrams in

http://www.parc.com/saund/papers/diagrams-poster-ss-abstract.html

Also if you haven't yet invested the time into getting your latex (xypic
or other) in place, maybe these diagrams will be good enough for you, I
don't know.

Moreover, Eric Saund the creator of ScanScribe is a very helpful computer
scientist, who usually likes to have users and tend to be glad to assist
them, whenever necessary. In particular, I think he has worked with
flowchart diagrams (which might have been the beginning of this thread, I
don't remember.)

Best,
Valeria

Dr Valeria de Paiva