Dear Robin I was so pleased to hear about this. A well deserved honour for a deserving person. This is, of course, just one example of how you give to your community, your neighbors, your students and your colleagues. Congratulations! Brett G. Giles, Ph.D. e: brett.giles@drogar.com c: 206-953-9644 > On Jan 26, 2024, at 10:11 AM, Tarmo Uustalu wrote: > > Hello Categories, > > I thought it should be appropriate to share the news here. > > The Senate of the Tallinn U of Technology has on 23 Jan 2024 decided to > bestow on the U of Calgary professor J. Robin B. Cockett the title of > Doctor Honoris Causa of the university. This is for his contributions > to advancing the study of mathematical foundations of algorithmics and > programming in Tallinn. > > I am very happy for this distinction to Robin, who we have been > privileged to have as a teacher and friend for a long time (25 years!). > Robin's shining passion for his subject and his > uncompromising thoroughness have been particularly inspiring. > > I am also very pleased to have our field spotlighted at this university > on this occasion; it is no small thing for us. > > Tarmo U > > > > ---------- > > You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. > > Leave group: > https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/hrqEC91W8rCB1ypLSoEMNJ?domain=outlook.office365.com >