categories - Category Theory list
* Book Announcement: Galois Theories
@ 2001-02-21  8:48 Cathy Siddiqi
From: Cathy Siddiqi @ 2001-02-21  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

I would like to post the following annoucement for your category theorists.

Galois Theories
by Francis Borceux and George Janeldize

Starting from the classical finite-dimensional Galois theory of fields,
this book develops Galois theory in a much more general context. The
authors first formalize the categorical context in which a general Galois
theorem holds, and then give applications to Galois theory for commutative
rings, central extensions of groups, the topological theory of covering
maps and a Galois theorem for toposes. The book is a hardback, 360 pages,
and costs $74.95 (50.00 in UK).  For more information about the book, or
to order a copy, please visit www.cambridge.org.

Please let me know if you need additional information from me

Thanks,
Cathy
--
Cathy Siddiqi
Marketing Associate

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-21  8:48 UTC | newest]