categories - Category Theory list
From: Richard Garner <richard.garner@mq.edu.au>
To: "Prof. Peter Johnstone" <P.T.Johnstone@dpmms.cam.ac.uk>
Cc: "Ellis D. Cooper" <xtalv1@netropolis.net>,
	categories <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Constitutive Structures
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:53:33 +1000	[thread overview]

In fact, I think the condition of being an E-map in this new sense
says: f : E --> F over Set[O] is such a map just when, on taking the
hyperconnected-localic factorisations E --> E' --> Set[O] and F --> F'
--> Set[O], the induced geometric morphism f' : E' --> F' is
hyperconnected. In particular, if F --> Set[O] is localic, then f is
an E-map if and only if it is hyperconnected. So this gets us no
further than before. Oh well!

Richard