Great idea, Thomas! Very positive reaction over here, as you probably already knew. I think you guys did a great job putting Benabou's writings on the web (kudos to you!), but I think TAC reprints would be much more accessible and would help prevent people rediscovering the wheel! and it doesn't even use up more trees! Best, Valeria On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 12:09 PM wrote: > I am also curious about the Laval notes by Lawvere. > Dusko made this remark that some of the old stuff may be more fun to read. > I do not want to comment on that but it could be that certain things had > more charm when they were still fresh as in the 70s. > > In this context I want to bring up the issue of retyping some old stuff of > Benabou and alike which I have made accessible via my homepage some time > ago with the help of my former student J. Weinberger. > It is > > Benabou's Montreal lectures (1974) > > Benabou's Louvain-la-Neuve lectures (1980) > > And the Theses of Celeyrette (197) and of Moens (1982) > > as well as Chaper 1 of his never finished book Jon Fibered Categories > (about 100 pages). > > I noticed that there was quite some interest in particular among younger > colleagues. > > Therefore it might be worthwhile to save these things by publishing them > as TAC reprints. > > I am fully aware that Jean was a controversial figure in his days. But he > also had quite some influence and his work on fibered categories is of > lasting value. > > So I think it would be a service to the community to save this work in > particular because it was never formally published. > > Hoping for a positive reaction, > Thomas > > > > ---------- > > You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories > mailing list group from Macquarie University. > > Leave group: > > https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/UsD-CRONg6sLNYxrs9glE8?domain=outlook.office365.com >