Dear Professor Street, If I may, [good] fiction, as Tolkein brought into figural salience for all to see, has "the inner consistency of reality." Thanking you, Yours truly, posina P.S. Regarding "religious wars" alluded to in earlier emails, all wars, going by one of Kahneman's heuristics, are The USA wars, which is to say "religious wars" is no different from Chomsky's "colorful ideas sleep furiously" ;) P.P.S. In the context of declining trust in science (https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/8aCtCxngGkfA7pODU8TfhU?domain=science.org), here's one way to look at it: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/nA5rCyoj8PuM8GnKSMhOe-?domain=philarchive.org. On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 5:09 AM Ross Street wrote: > > Dear George and all > > I fear that all writing is fiction with the possible exception of some mathematics papers. > > Ross > > > ---------- > > You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. > > Leave group: > https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/JetlCzvkmpf2kXLECgBPsE?domain=outlook.office365.com