Congratulations, Robin! On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 4:34 PM Steve Awodey wrote: > well deserved - congratulations to Robin! > > Best wishes, > > Steve > > > On Jan 26, 2024, at 1:11 PM, Tarmo Uustalu wrote: > > > > Hello Categories, > > > > I thought it should be appropriate to share the news here. > > > > The Senate of the Tallinn U of Technology has on 23 Jan 2024 decided to > > bestow on the U of Calgary professor J. Robin B. Cockett the title of > > Doctor Honoris Causa of the university. This is for his contributions > > to advancing the study of mathematical foundations of algorithmics and > > programming in Tallinn. > > > > I am very happy for this distinction to Robin, who we have been > > privileged to have as a teacher and friend for a long time (25 years!). > > Robin's shining passion for his subject and his > > uncompromising thoroughness have been particularly inspiring. > > > > I am also very pleased to have our field spotlighted at this university > > on this occasion; it is no small thing for us. > > > > Tarmo U > > > > > > > > ---------- > > > > You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories > mailing list group from Macquarie University. > > > > Leave group: > > > https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/9ZSbC81Vq2CR79Q3untMgQ?domain=outlook.office365.com > >