categories - Category Theory list
* Category Theory / Machine Learning / Software Engineering research posts at Symbolica
@ 2024-05-25 12:26 Dominic Verity
From: Dominic Verity @ 2024-05-25 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Colleagues,

Symbolica (https://symbolica.ai<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/eNk8CMwGj8Cw6YvRuwTxhf?domain=symbolica.ai/>) is a startup developing new foundational deep learning models for structured reasoning, based on principles of category theory, type theory and functional programming. Specifically, we aim to develop models which manipulate structured data, learn algebraic structure in it, and do so with an interpretable and verifiable logic. To that end, we are developing new mathematical foundations for deep learning http://www.categoricaldeeplearning.com/<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/HEagCNLJxkiOMpwEF4sIDQ?domain=categoricaldeeplearning.com/>.

We are currently assembling a research and development lab of expert:

  *   category theory;
  *   type theory; and
  *   machine learning researchers, as well as
  *   research software engineers

to develop this theory and apply it to code synthesis and theorem proving. We are committed both to fundamental ideas and their implementation in models and software.

We are hiring in:

  *   London, U.K. - working out of our office in Shoreditch
  *   Australia and compatible timezones (e.g. Japan) - Remote (fixed hours)

Please note: All U.K. and Australia positions are listed as remote and all salaries are quoted in U.S. dollars, since the only locations accepted by Gusto are in the U.S. We are not, however, hiring in the U.S. for these positions.

This round of applications will close on the 9th of June 2024. To express your interest in one of these roles please head to https://jobs.gusto.com/boards/symbolica-ai-67195a74-31b4-4052-ba18-e859d461808c<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/90t4COMK7Yc72kE0IkdrSp?domain=jobs.gusto.com> and apply by answering a few questions and providing a résumé and cover letter.

With very best wishes

Professor Dominic Verity<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/4_dnCP7L1Nfj5nJoTj_1eB?domain=dom-verity.github.io/>
Director of Symbolics

[Symbolica]<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/LYFVCQnM1Wf2NLJ3Trm5Ss?domain=symbolica.ai/>

Symbolica.ai | dom@symbolica.ai<mailto:dom@symbolica.ai>

The book "Elements of ∞-Category Theory"<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/SggLCRONg6sMgXyRIoVdhu?domain=cambridge.org> by Emily Riehl and Dom Verity is available now from Cambridge University Press. Our deepest gratitude to CUP for allowing ongoing free access to the preprint version<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/OrosCVARmOHWP8z5FWc8m7?domain=elements-book.github.io> for personal use.

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>