* Imminent funding deadline (1 December) - please contact us immediately if you are interested. * Dear all, We invite applications for PhD study at the University of Birmingham. We are a group of (mostly) theoretical computer scientists who explore fundamental concepts in computation. Our work includes category theory, computational complexity, programming language semantics, proof theory, type theory, verification and much else besides. See our webpage, with links to individual researchers, here: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/computer-science/theory-of-computation/index.aspx Information about PhD applications may be found here: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/computer-science/postgraduate-research/applying-for-phd-in-computer-science.aspx If you are considering applying, please contact any of us. We will be very happy to discuss the opportunities available. Best regards, The Birmingham CS theory group, including:- Benedikt Ahrens Rajesh Chitnis Anupam Das Martín Escardó Eric Finster Dan Ghica Mirco Giacobbe Paul Levy Sonia Marin Sean Moss Jakub Opršal Vincent Rahli Uday Reddy Eike Ritter You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message. View group files | Leave group | Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups