categories - Category Theory list
* Octoberfest-Preliminary Announcement
@ 2006-08-01 13:18 Richard Blute
From: Richard Blute @ 2006-08-01 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

             Preliminary Announcement-Octoberfest 2006

The Category Theory Octoberfest has been a great tradition among category
theorists for several decades now. For the second consecutive year, it
will be held at the University of Ottawa. It will be hosted by the Logic
and Foundations of Computing group (LFC). See our website at
www.site.uottawa.ca/~phil/lfc/. The conference will be held on the weekend
of October 21st and 22nd. A webpage for the conference will be available
shortly.

We will be asking for submissions for talks in early September.
But we wanted to give people information on lodging now, as
Ottawa can be busy that time of year. We have booked a block of rooms
at:

Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa
290 Rideau Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 5Y3
(P) 613-789-7511

These rooms are held for Friday and Saturday nights. The
group number is 105626 and the group name is "Ottawa U-Math Dept".

The rate is $99.00 plus tax. Guests may
phone the hotel directly at 613-789-7511 to reserve and may
quote either the group name or number to get the preferred
rate. The cutoff for this special rate is September 20th,
but we strongly advise you not to wait that long.

Here is a list of B&B's near Ottawa U, in random order:

Home Sweetland Home B&B:
62 Sweetland Avenue,
Ottawa, ON    K1N 7T6
Phone: (613) 234-1871
Reservations: 1-877-299-3499
(web: http://www.homesweetlandhome.ca)

Benners B&B
541 Besserer
613-789-8320
(web: http://www.bennersbedandbreakfast.com)

Gasthaus Switzerland Inn
89 Daly Avenue
Ottawa ON K1N6E6
613-237-0335
(www.gasthausswitzerlandinn.com)

Ottawa Centre Bed and Breakfast
62 Stewart Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6J1
Phone:  613-237-9494
Toll Free: 866-240-4659
(web: http://www.ottawacenterbnb.com)

Hope to see you all then:

Rick Blute
Phil Scott

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-08-01 13:18 UTC | newest]