categories - Category Theory list
* Morley derivative as non-classical Cantor-Bendixson derivative?
@ 2006-09-04  7:53 Mamuka Jibladze
From: Mamuka Jibladze @ 2006-09-04  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Mention of the Morley derivative by Vaughan Pratt reminded me of my recent
suspicion that I think would be natural to share here.

Is there a chance to obtain the Morley derivative by performing construction
of the Cantor-Bendixson derivative internally on an appropriately chosen
internal locale in the topos of set-valued functors on an appropriate
subcategory of spaces and continuous maps?

Mamuka Jibladze