categories - Category Theory list
* many object cobar constructions
@ 2006-09-08 10:23 Prof T Porter
From: Prof T Porter @ 2006-09-08 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

Dear All,

I have been trying to compare the simplicially enriched
category/Segal-category approach to weak categories and the
dg-category/$A_\infty$-category approach coming from derived categories
etc.  It is clear that there is a cobar construction leading from a
dg-cocategory to a dg-category and results on twisting cochains also go
across with no difficulty.  I am therefore surprised that I cannot find
an explicit reference for this in the literature (probably I have not
loked in the right place as it is in an `overlap' area!).  Can anyone
help with some good references?

Also has anyone given a good interpretation of the twisting cochains and
the twisted tensor of modules in this setting.  I know of the usual
interpretations.  Perhaps someone who knows the string theoretic links
may have an idea.

Thanks,

Tim Porter

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-09-08 10:23 UTC | newest]