categories - Category Theory list
* Re: preprint: Connections and path connections in groupoids
@ 2006-09-08 16:56 Urs Schreiber
From: Urs Schreiber @ 2006-09-08 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

On 9/8/06, Anders Kock <kock@imf.au.dk> wrote:

> This is to announce the availability of a preprint
> "Connections and path connections in groupoids".

This is very nice!

I have posted a small discussion of this preprint here:

http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/2006/09/kock_on_connections.html

* preprint: Connections and path connections in groupoids
@ 2006-09-08  9:08 Anders Kock
From: Anders Kock @ 2006-09-08  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear all,

This is to announce the availability of a preprint
"Connections and path connections in groupoids".

Abstract:

We describe two gauge theoretic notions of connection in a
(differentiable) groupoid. The two notions are related via the notion
of holonomy. Holonomy formation (integration) is shown to be inverse
of a certain differentiation process.
The method is that of Synthetic Differential Geometry, notably in the
form of "First Neighbourhood of the Diagonal".

The preprint can be dowlnoaded from

http://www.imf.au.dk/publs?id=619

or from my home page

http://home.imf.au.dk/kock/