categories - Category Theory list
* Available on my ftp site
@ 2006-10-15 18:23 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2006-10-15 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

I have redone my ftp site to a certain extent.  Available now are the
latest version of TTT (a small number of corrections, plus one place where
some incomprehensible equations were replaced by equivalent diagrams) and
a couple of my older papers that I found on Jstor.  I really do not
understand the copyright issues on the latter.  Clearly Jstor deserves
something (but they earned a fee when I downloaded them).  In the olden
days (say 25 years ago and older) the publishers did not ask for any
copyright form signed, but just registered a copyright.  They act as if I
have no rights, but I believe that without a piece of paper, they cannot
really stop me.  I have not signed over my rights since before 1995
(including two papers in 1995 in JPAA, where I gave them only a
right-to-print).  So there is a ten or 15 year period where I really did
sign over the copyright.  So be warned.  Incidentally, Charles and I have
full rights to TTT and this is posted with Charles's permission.

My ftp site is
ftp.math.mcgill.ca/pub/barr/pdffiles

Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-10-15 18:23 UTC | newest]