categories - Category Theory list
* this week's nonsense
@ 2006-10-29 14:57 Peter Freyd
From: Peter Freyd @ 2006-10-29 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

The math advisers from CalTech had a little fun on Friday's episode of
"Numb3rs". The Mathematician and the Physicist are looking at a dead
person's notebook. They're dead serious.

  MATHEMATICIAN: it's a category-based approach to I don't know what,
  but it's a forcasting system. Right?. It's very sophisticated.

  PHYSICIST: [In awe at what he sees] Oh, no, no. no. This is more
  than sophisticated. You know what this reminds me of?  A topos
  approach to Bach's music.

  MATHEMATICIAN: I said: very sophisticated.

  FBI AGENT: Yes -- you did.

Be assured that neither the page we see from the notebook nor the
rest of the program had anything to do with categories, topoi or Bach.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-10-29 14:57 UTC | newest]