categories - Category Theory list
* Re: Fair Mathematics
@ 2006-12-19  0:46 jim stasheff
From: jim stasheff @ 2006-12-19  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

I prefer "Equitable Mathematics"

jim

joyal.andre@uqam.ca wrote:
> Dear collegues,
>
> "Equitable Mathematics" was a translation of
> "Mathématiques Equitables" in french.
> I am not sure the translation is correct.
> "Fair Mathematics" maybe better.
>
> Regards, Andre

* Re: Fair Mathematics
@ 2006-12-19 16:15 Eduardo Dubuc
From: Eduardo Dubuc @ 2006-12-19 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

good morning

the "crazy" ides of joyal looks crazy, but ...

it is not imposible ...

the problem is that it will need a lot of people with different
qualifications involved and really working in its implementation

is that possible ... ?

as for the name, i think, "fair", or "equitable" have presisely a
connotation of fairness that is in itself a justification whose place
should not be in the title

i propose a neutral name as "alternative"

it would be really fun if all expensive journals "xx" are replaced by
unexpensive jounals "alternative xx" with the same editorial board ...

this would be an important subversive action

happy new year    eduardo dubuc

* Fair Mathematics
@ 2006-12-18 20:17 joyal.andre