categories - Category Theory list
* job opening
@ 2007-02-03 15:51 I. Moerdijk
From: I. Moerdijk @ 2007-02-03 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to draw your attention to an opening for a tenure (track)
position at Utrecht, at the level of "universitair docent" (comparable
to Lecturer in the UK, Assistant Professor in the US or Maitre de
Conferences in France). The position is related to a large group grant
in the area between (and including) geometry/topology and mathematical
physics, which I'm sure will fit the interests of many readers of this
list.

For more information, see http://www.math.uu.nl/Positions/

With best regards,

Ieke Moerdijk.

* job opening
@ 2007-02-19 13:14 Jonathon Funk
From: Jonathon Funk @ 2007-02-19 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Job opening at Cave Hill, Barbados.

Please see

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/jobfiles/TL649.html

Note the phrases

``Outstanding candidates in any area of Mathematics will be considered.''

and

``....able to teach a wide range of both introductory and upper level
undergraduate courses in Mathematics, especially including Optimization
Theory and Numerical Analysis.''

Try to emphasize this aspect if you can, because the successful applicant
will teach optimization and numerical analysis.
Jonathon Funk