categories - Category Theory list
* Re: Re: monic epics
@ 2007-03-08 15:13 Charles Wells
From: Charles Wells @ 2007-03-08 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

It seems to me that Isbell's notion of "dominions" are something like a
precise way of saying "a complete set of generators" for the case of
epimorphisms in Cat.  Look at "Epimorphisms and Dominions III" by John
Isbell, American Journal of Mathematics, 1968.  That paper has
references to earlier papers about the case for semigroups and other
categories.

Charles Wells

--
Charles Wells
abstract math website: http://www.abstractmath.org/MM//MMIntro.htm

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-03-08 15:13 UTC | newest]