categories - Category Theory list
* Final Announcement-Traces Workshop
@ 2007-03-08 17:31 rblute
From: rblute @ 2007-03-08 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

This is a final announcement for A Field's Institute Sponsored Workshop,
entitled:

             Applications of traces to algebra, analysis and
                              categorical logic

to be held at the University of Ottawa from April 28-30, 2007. It will be
hosted by the Ottawa Logic and Foundations of Computing Group. The local
organizers are Rick Blute, Pieter Hofstra and Phil Scott. A description of
the purpose of the conference is below, and can be found on the conference
website  http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~scpsg/Fields07/workshop.html .

The conference will begin with tutorials, including a minicourse on traced
monoidal categories, and an introduction to various notions of trace in
functional analysis. We will have the following invited speakers:

Samson Abramsky  (Oxford)
Robin Cockett (Calgary)
Andre Joyal (UQAM)
Louis Kauffman (Illinois)
Claus Koestler (Carleton)
Paul-Andre Mellies (Paris7)
Matthias Neufang (Carleton)
Timothy Porter (Bangor)

as well as contributed talks from various researchers, including

Rick Blute (Ottawa)
Greg Meredith (Oxford)
Prakash Panangaden (McGill)
Eric Paquette (U.Montreal)
Tarmo Uustalu (Tallinn University of Technology)

We note the following new information:

1) We have room for a few more contributed talks. Anyone interested
should contact the organizers.

2) We have a very small number of rooms on campus still available. These
are in the university dorms, but are suites, rather than typical rooms.
They are 80 dollars per night, and hold either one or two people.
Anyone interested should contact Rick Blute immediately.

3) We ask that anyone attending please notify us by April 10th, so we
may order food.

Rick Blute,  613-562-5800, ext. 3535 (rblute@mathstat.uottawa)
Pieter Hofstra, 613-562-5800, ext. 3494 (phofstra@uottawa.ca)
Philip Scott,   613-562-5800, ext. 3502 (phil@site.uottawa.ca)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-03-08 17:31 UTC | newest]