categories - Category Theory list
* Re: further on Garner's question
@ 2007-03-12  9:23 Richard Garner
From: Richard Garner @ 2007-03-12  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Very interesting! I was aware that one could
construct such comonadic adjunctions in a limited
variety of other cases, but that one can do so for
essentially any pair of presheaf categories is (at
least to me) a little surprising.

Of course, even in the case where C and D have the
same objects, there is nothing "canonical" about
the comonadic adjunction [C, Set] -| [D, Set] which
we construct in the way Peter has indicated, since
we have first to choose a bijection between the
objects of C and the objects of D.

Richard Garner

@ 2007-03-10 15:58 Prof. Peter Johnstone
From: Prof. Peter Johnstone @ 2007-03-10 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)