categories - Category Theory list
* Re: Alexandroff-Urysohn paper
@ 2007-04-02 19:55 Martin Escardo
From: Martin Escardo @ 2007-04-02 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Gabor,

I presume you have already found out that it is not in Mathscinet.
But it is in ZMath (the European counter-part of Mathscinet):

http://zb.msri.org/cgi-bin/zmen/ZMATH/en/quick.html?first=1&maxdocs=20&type=html&an=55.0960.02&format=complete

(It finds 7 joint papers of these two authors.)

The missing details to your reference are:

    Verhandelingen Amsterdam 14, Nr.~1, 93 S. (1929)

It seems to be a monograph. There is a long review of this written in
German.

Martin

@ 2007-04-02 20:36 Marta Bunge
From: Marta Bunge @ 2007-04-02 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Gabor,

You will find the reference you need (with page numbers) in the bibliography
of the paper below

http://kolmogorov.unex.es/~fcabello/files/printable/21.pdf

Best regards,
Marta

Marta Bunge
Professor Emerita
Dept of Mathematics and Statistics
McGill University
805 Sherbrooke St. West
Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2K6
Office: (514) 398-3810
Home: (514) 935-3618
marta.bunge@mcgill.ca
http://www.math.mcgill.ca/~bunge/

>From: Gabor Lukacs <lukacs@cc.umanitoba.ca>
>To: categories@mta.ca
>Subject: categories: Alexandroff-Urysohn paper
>Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 21:30:38 -0500 (CDT)
>
>Hi All,
>

>I am wondering if anyone knows the page numbers of the following paper by
>Alexandroff and Urysohn:
>
>M\'{e}moire sur les espaces topologiques compacts, Vehr. Akad. Wetensch.
>Amsterdam 14 (1929)
>
>I found this reference on page 470 of Engelking's "General Topology"
>(second edition). I am wondering if it is a typo, or maybe this is a
>monograph on its own?  I was tryign to look up information on Vehr. Akad.
>Wetensch. Amsterdam, but I found very little about it.
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Gabi

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
Spaces. http://spaces.live.com/?mkt=en-ca

* Alexandroff-Urysohn paper
@ 2007-04-02  2:30 Gabor Lukacs