categories - Category Theory list
* Re: Applied Categorical Structures and other overpriced  journals
@ 2007-06-12  0:13 jim stasheff
From: jim stasheff @ 2007-06-12  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

It's always possible to put the ball back in any publisher's court
by using their form but crossing out anything objectinable.

jim

@ 2007-06-13  8:36 Martin Escardo
From: Martin Escardo @ 2007-06-13  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

jim stasheff writes:
 > It's always possible to put the ball back in any publisher's court
 > by using their form but crossing out anything objectinable.

Indeed, I have done this since 1995, and added, by hand, that I
reserve the right of posting the papers at my university web page for
scholarly purposes, with no objections by the publishers.

However, for my last paper, I was sent a copyright form, by IEEE, to
be electronically signed. There were no means of crossing things out
or adding my own clauses, and no options for printing the form and
faxing it! Moreover, there was a short deadline for signing it, on the
grounds that otherwise my paper wouldn't make it for the proceedings,
and hence no opportunity to negotiate.

Martin Escardo

* Re: Applied Categorical Structures and other overpriced  journals
@ 2007-06-11 14:55 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2007-06-11 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

@ 2007-06-09 16:45 John Baez