categories - Category Theory list
* CT2007 slides
@ 2007-06-26 14:53 Robert Seely
From: Robert Seely @ 2007-06-26 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories List

I have put my slides for my CT2007 talk on my website
   www.math.mcgill.ca/rags/
partly for the benefit of those who asked me to, but mainly as an
encouragement to the other speakers, whose slides would be very
welcome to many of us who attended the meeting, and perhaps even more
welcome to those who didn't.  (Perhaps the organisers could set up a
page of slides, as was done for CT2006.)

Re the content of my own slides: I have added three slides from my
FMCS 2007 talk which show how the comonad S (or !) arises naturally
from the additive structure; together with a result we (B.C.S.) proved
during the CT2007 meeting, this goes a long way to answering (in the
affirmative) a question of Anders Kock as to whether the differential
structure in a differential category is "property" rather than
"structure".

If you are interested in this material you should look at our MSCS
paper "Differential Categories" (linked on my webpage, where you will
find my slides from my 2006 talks as well, which fill in more of the
story).

-= rags =-

--
<rags@math.mcgill.ca>
<www.math.mcgill.ca/rags>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-06-26 14:53 UTC | newest]