categories - Category Theory list
* Re: On FOM, free Boolean algebras are semantic, not syntactic
@ 2007-10-02 17:05 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2007-10-02 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories list

[Note from moderator: with apologies for intervening twice in one day,
I'll forward Mike's note with thanks and the information that the list
will be untended until Sunday. That the categories list is lively is a
reflection of its many excellent contributors. The moderation consists
almost entirely of deciding which conference announcements are of at least
some interest. To be precise we've been operating for 10001 internet years
- just getting going.]

Let me second Vaughan's commendation of Bob.  I don't think it has been
two decades quite (maybe 15 years) but of all the mailing lists I am aware
of this is the one that is most vigorous and useful.  Most seem to have
fallen into disuse and Vaughan reports on another one that seems to be too
tightly moderated.  I don't actually know if Bob really moderates them but
this one is the best I have seen.

Michael

@ 2007-10-02  8:37 Vaughan Pratt