categories - Category Theory list
* Re: symmetric monoidal closed bicategory definition?
@ 2008-04-07  4:19 Mike Stay
From: Mike Stay @ 2008-04-07  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Mike Stay <metaweta@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find out what the appropriate definition of a symmetric
>  monoidal closed bicategory is.  Day & Street define symmetric monoidal
>  bicategories in "Monoidal bicategories and Hopf algebroids."

Now that I actually have a copy of the paper, I find it's in
definition 5; sorry for the noise.
--
Mike Stay - metaweta@gmail.com
http://math.ucr.edu/~mike

* symmetric monoidal closed bicategory definition?
@ 2008-04-03 20:45 Mike Stay
From: Mike Stay @ 2008-04-03 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

I'm trying to find out what the appropriate definition of a symmetric
monoidal closed bicategory is.  Day & Street define symmetric monoidal
bicategories in "Monoidal bicategories and Hopf algebroids."  Has
someone considered the closed case?  Are there different notions of
closed for a bicategory, the adjoints to tensoring with an object
versus tensoring with a 1-morphism?  I've been told that
pseudoadjunctions are the appropriate generalization of adjunctions
for the bicategory case.